Styrolution expands distribution model for specialty styrenics in the United States and Canada
- Expanded distribution agreements with PolyOne and Entec Polymers enhance Styrolution's offerings of speciality styrenics in the United States and Canada
- Distributors serving an array of industries have greater access to Styrolution's growing portfolio of innovative styrenic solutions
- Measures reinforce Styrolution's leading position in styrenic specialties and address two key tenants of the "Triple Shift" strategy.
Aurora, IL – December 10, 2014 – To offer customers in the United States and Canada greater availability of specialty styrenic materials, Styrolution, the global leader in styrenics, is expanding its distribution arrangements with PolyOne and Entec Polymers. Moving forward, both companies will now offer Styrolution's full portfolio of specialty products. PolyOne and Entec Polymers were selected for expanded relationships based on their best-in-class customer support with regards to technical, industry and market segment expertise, service, logistical capabilities and geographical competencies. These distribution channels will provide significant value to customers in both the healthcare and automotive industries due to both companies' proven expertise in these industry segments.
Resulting from the expansion, PolyOne will now add to their line of specialty polymers Luran (SAN), Terlux (transparent ABS), Novodur (specialty ABS), Luran S (ASA), Styrolux (SBC) and Styroflex (SBC). These products complete PolyOne's existing portfolio of Styrolution products, which also includes Styrolution's full range of transparent styrenic polymers and polystyrene. Additionally, Entec Polymers will also offer the full range of Styrolution's specialty polymers by enhancing its transparent styrenic offerings with the additions of Zylar (MBS), NAS (SMMA) and Clearblend (MBS).
These expanded distribution relationships come shortly after the company's recent announcement of new transparent grades, Zylar 670 and Clearblend 155, which are also available through PolyOne and Entec Polymers.
- Growth with trusted distributors: PolyOne and Entec Polymers are long-standing distributors for Styrolution and have helped drive awareness and availability of its styrenic material solutions. Through these relationships, customers gain greater access to not only styrenic specialties, but also industry expertise and collaborative support, empowering them to find -- or in some cases create -- the precise materials necessary for their applications.
- Materials that drive application innovation: The wider distribution network offers customers across industries access to the materials that help fuel innovation and bring new applications to life. Materials such as Styrolux and Styroflex, as well as Luran S and Novodur will help drive application innovation specifically in the healthcare and automotive industries, respectively.
- Measures reinforce leading position in transparent specialties and advance the "Triple Shift" growth strategy: The expanded distribution network advances the goals of Styrolution's "Triple Shift" growth strategy, which calls for a focus on styrenic specialties and ABS Standard, higher-growth industries and growth in emerging markets. Through these expanded relationships and by leveraging the deep industry-specific expertise of PolyOne and Entec Polymers, Styrolution continues to elevate its specialties product lines while providing customers with the support and insights necessary to develop market-leading applications.
Bill Bryant, Director of Sales, Styrenic Specialties & Distribution, Styrolution: "We are committed to providing our customers around the world and especially in North America, with the material solutions necessary to address their application requirements, no matter the industry. This includes working with distributors with a reputation and legacy of best-in-class customer and technical support, and industry expertise. As such, we are pleased to expand our distribution network with proven and experienced companies like PolyOne and Entec Polymers to offer our customers greater access to the materials and insights they need for success."
Mark Crist, SVP, President, PolyOne Distribution: "Customers across industries continue to seek out the unique characteristics and innovative potential of transparent specialty materials. As such, we are excited to leverage our industry expertise and proven distribution model to partner with Styrolution to offer our clients in North America greater options in and access to the innovative technology and potential that are intrinsic to specialty styrenics."
Steve Tomaszewski, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Entec Polymers: "As a leading distributor in North America, we welcome the opportunity to bolster our offerings to customers by enhancing our portfolio of specialty styrenics. Styrolution continues to lead the industry in developing styrenic material solutions that empower innovation across all industries. We are excited to expand our relationship with Styrolution as they are a trusted global supplier of specialty styrenics, backed by a heritage of innovation and customer focus.